CSSB Services During COVID-19
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Civil Service Superannuation Board office will remain closed to the public and most staff are working remotely. We remain committed to the following priorities during this time:
1) We will take the actions we need to take to protect the health of our staff and our members.
The following measures will remain in place until further notice:
· Our office is closed to the public. Click here for other ways to connect with us.
· We will not be conducting personal meetings with plan members. We are happy to arrange to “meet” via telephone.
· All in-person seminars are cancelled.
· We will continue to offer occasional online seminars and will update our website as these are scheduled.
· Members can view a recorded online pre-retirement seminar by logging in to their Online Services account.
· Walk-in meetings will not be accepted.
· Courier drop offs will continue to be accepted.
· Members may drop off documents or other items but will not be granted access to the office and will not be able to meet with a staff member. Upon arrival, please call the phone number posted on the door of our office on the 12th floor at 444 St. Mary Avenue. (Smaller items can be slid under the door.)
· Members wishing to arrange for pick up of documents or other items should contact a CSSB staff member to make those arrangements ahead of time. If you don’t have a CSSB contact, please call (204) 946-3200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a question or a request for the CSSB, it is highly recommended that you email email@example.com.
2) We will ensure that monthly pension payments continue to be paid without interruption.
Payment of monthly pensions has always been our highest priority function. We have processes and back up plans in place to make sure that pensions will continue to be paid.
A note to those who still receive pension cheques by mail: We are continuing to prepare and mail monthly cheques, however we understand that Canada Post may experience delays. If you would like to sign up for direct deposit, please contact our office.
Please continue to check our website for updates as this situation evolves.