Direct Deposit Changes


Important note: If mail is returned from the last known address of the pension recipient, the CSSB will make reasonable attempts to contact the recipient and update the information. Upon the discretion of the CSSB, further pension payments may cease until contact is made with the pension recipient.


Pension payments are deposited the second last business day of the month. Changes to direct deposit information must be submitted to the Board in writing at least a few weeks in advance.


To change your direct deposit we require a voided cheque or a direct deposit form from your financial institution that MUST be signed and dated. We will not make the change without the member’s signature. Please make sure to include your pension PIN number or your SIN with your signature.


The cheque image below shows where to get the proper banking information from your cheque.






















If needed, a CSSB Direct Deposit Change Form for pension payments can be found here.


Please note, direct deposit payments can only be made to financial institutions in Canada.


How Do I Send In A Change to My Direct Deposit Information


Do not email your direct deposit change!


You can send your direct deposit change through

  • your Online Services account. Under Document Centre (top left of screen), select "Send CSSB A Document",

  • fax to 1-204-945-0237, or

  • mail to

The Civil Service Superannuation Board

c/o Pension Department

1200-444 St. Mary Avenue

Winnipeg, Manitoba R3C 3T1

The Civil Service Superannuation Board of Manitoba

Member-focussed  -  Future-focussed

Return to CSSB Home Page

Accessibility Information


Online member services and website information provided by the Civil Service Superannuation Board relate almost exclusively to the Civil Service Superannuation Fund and Public Service Group Insurance Fund plans. Any information on other plans the Board administers or for which it provides services would be identified as such, and only information identified as such or in an identified document applies to that particular plan. We recommend you get detailed personalized information from the Board before making any decisions. This website is meant to summarize our available information, requirements, procedures and policies on a general basis only. All persons making use of this site are reminded that The Civil Service Superannuation Act and its Regulations should be consulted for specific legislative requirements. 


© 2021 by CSSB Communications